Sunday, July 12, 2009

Great moments in publishing... The book is here!

LAKE JUNALUSKA, NC - Today (Sunday, July 12) I am holding the first copy of "The Unmaking of a Part-Time Christian" in my hand and - I've got to tell you - it feels very very good!

One of my editors, Janice Neely, carried it with her to Soulfeast2009, the Upper Room's annual spiritual renewal conference. We were talking at a reception and she said, "Don't go anywhere - I have a copy of your new book in my room."

This is my third book. But the thrill hasn't diminished one bit. Tomorrow I teach the first 75 minutes of a three-day class on the idea. The class is titled, "The Unmaking of a Part-Time Christian: A Conversation about Following Jesus."

I'm also excited about the potential for feedback. If you've stumbled on this site, let me know what you think. Use the comments section below. Then buy the book too, and enter into this ongoing conversation (an honest conversation, from the heart) about what it means to be a 21st Century Disciple.

Many blessings - DEREK


No comments: