Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Full-Time disciples think differently...

God said - "This is my servant Caleb; he thinks differently...." (Numbers 14)

The photographs that go with today's post are not taken from the typical perspective. Early yesterday evening my wife and I had just finished getting ready for a dinner party and I wanted to take another picture of the new kitchen. But I was tired of snapping the same old view. Consequently, I played around with perspective and orientation. I kind of like the result.

It made me think about one of my favorite Bible references: "This is my servant Caleb;" God said, "he thinks differently...." (Numbers 14)

Tip for the day! If you want to earn a few compliments from God - now might be the time to take a look at Caleb. "Check out my man Caleb," God says; "This dude is a bona fide individual; he doesn't follow along with the crowd. Caleb actually gets it!"

NOW YOU'RE AT THIS SITE, THERE ARE SEVERAL THINGS YOU CAN DO:

First, leave a comment (click on "comments" below). We want to know how you are responding to the book and how God is challenging you to re-evaluate your life of faith. Scroll through the comments and see what others are saying, too. Periodically, I plan to sample the comments and use them in a new blog entry.

Next, you can link to my daily blog, "A Life Examined." New entries are posted six days a week. It's a great way to crawl in to the author's mind. Click this photo if you want to take a look at what's new.

Then, you can purchase additional copies of "THE UNMAKING OF A PART-TIME CHRISTIAN" or any other Derek Maul title by clicking on the link above right.

There's also a link to my website, DerekMaul.net. Click on the blue-toned photo at right. You can read a more complete bio, check my schedule, and even begin a conversation about bringing me in for a conference, or to visit your church or other organization.

It's a privilege to be in this ongoing conversation with other pilgrims in progress. God's rich blessings be with you all - DEREK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view